- Astypalea selected as project location
- Framework of project agreed between the Hellenic Republic & Volkswagen Group
- Project governance undertaken by the Hellenic Republic
- MoU prepared
- Virtual signing ceremony of the MoU
- Kick off meeting marks the project's implementation
- "e-astypalea" action plan prepared
- Concrete planning for project implementation started
- Construction begins on upgrading Astypalea's energy network and infrastructure
- Action plan for alternative RES production in Astypalea
- Publicly accessible charging point locations selected
- "On demand shuttle service" legislative framework identified
- The first 12 publicly accessible charging points installed
- "e-astypalea" program and digital platform finalized
- First electric local utility vehicles transported to Astypalea
- University of Strathclyde and University of the Aegean joint research project commences
- Astypalea Smart and Sustainable Island " from vision to action". Progress report event in the presence of the Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Chairman of the BOD of Volkswagen Group Dr. Herbert Diess
- "e-astypalea" platfrom launch
- Handover of first electric local vehicles from Volkswagen Group to Police, Civil Aviation and Municipality
- First test drive event with electric cars, for the residents of Astypalea.
- Townhall meeting, open to all Astypalea residents. Presentation of the project and its progress by the Mayor.
- Agreement with the companies Alpha Bank and Sky Express to support the new service, AstyBUS, as sponsors.
- Delivery of the first electric vehicle on the island, through the “e-astypalea” program.
- Start of the transportation and the recycling initiative for the abandoned vehicles in Astypalea.
- Construction of the “Shuttle Hub” for the new on-demand mobility shuttle service.
- Training of the drivers.
- Astypalea Smart and Sustainable Island " Year 2”. Progress report event in the presence of the Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Chairman of the BOD of Volkswagen Group Dr. Herbert Diess.
- ASTYBUS and astyGO, the ride and vehicle sharing services are launched, replacing the conventional public transport on the island.
- The new mobility service, ASTYBUS, has already been in operation for 3 months having completed over 18,000 trips!